Secondary One Discretionary Places
Caritas Wu Cheng-chung Secondary School
- Number of S.1 discretionary places: 30 ( 30% of the school S1 places)
- Submission of Application Form:
From 4th January 2021 (Monday) to 18th January 2021 (Monday)
- Ways to obtain the application forms
- Time of submission of application forms:
- Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon
- Sunday and Public Holidays：Closed
- Application Procedure:
- Please submit the completed application form & supporting documents in person to the school office on or before 18th January 2021 (Wednesday). In view of the COVID-19 epidemic, the EDB has specially allowed submission of Discretionary Places applications by post for this SSPA cycle. Should parents have genuine difficulties in submitting the Application Forms for Secondary One Discretionary Place (Application Form) to our school in person or by the authorized representatives, parents could thoroughly consider the needs and associated risks, and arrange to submit the Application Forms and other documents required by our school by post between 4 January (Monday) and 18 January, both dates inclusive (the postmark date should not be later than the prescribed deadline).
- The applicant should bring along the Parent’s Copy, School’s Copy and EDB’s Copy of the “Application Form for S.1 Discretionary Place” provided by EDB when submitting the application form provided by our school. If parents submit their applications by post, after receiving parents’ applications, our school will return the Parent’s Copy of the Application Form to parents by post for retention.
- Please also submit a copy of student’s I.D. card, a copy of Primary 5 & Primary 6 school reports, copies of the student’s awards and certificates of extra-curricular activities (if any), a recent photograph and a stamped self-addressed envelope (There is no need to provide any recommendation letters of the primary schools.)
- Admission Criteria and Weightings:
- “Rank Order List” provided by the EDB 20%
- Academic Attainment in Primary School 20%
- Conduct in Primary School 20%
- Extra-curricular Activities 10%
- Interview 30%
- Date of Interview
- All the applicants (accompanied by the parents) will be interview.
- Applicant will be notified of the date and time of the interview by mail later. The tentative date of interview is 27/2/2021 (Saturday).
- Date of announcement of admission results:
Parents of successful applicants and hence have been included in the List of Successful Applicants for Discretionary Place of our school will be notified on 31st March 2021 (Wednesday) by mail and phone call.
The admission results will be announced at the same time on 6th July 2021 (Tuesday) as the Education Bureau announces the Central Allocation results. Parents are requested not to make any enquires about the results over the phone.