Pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty through arts criticism and arts making.
To enable students to:
- Enrich their aesthetics and arts experience;
- Strengthen their abilities to appreciate and create various forms of visual arts work aesthetically and critically;
- Develop perceptual abilities, generic skills, multiple perspectives and meta-cognition through autonomous and open-ended processes of enquiry in art learning;
- Enhance cultural and cross-cultural understanding through exploration of the art of diverse cultures;
- Cultivate personal refinement, positive values and attitudes, self-identity and a sense of commitment towards the community, the nation and the world; and
- Acquire a foundation for pursuing education and career opportunities in the art and creative industries.