The subject emphasizes both instrumentality and humanity of Chinese language. Students’ language literacy is improved as well. The content includes reading, writing, listening, speaking, literature, Chinese culture, morality, thinking and independent learning. The subject aims to nurture a new generation that is good at communication, critical thinking, creativity, problem-solving, aesthetic sense, ethical, recognizing Chinese culture and willing to learn life-long.
- Enhance reading, writing, listening, speaking, thinking, independent learning skills as well as aesthetic senses.
- Nurture interests in language learning; cultivate good learning attitudes and habits.
- Nurture aesthetic sense and temperament.
- Nurture morality and strengthen sense of responsibility for the community.
- Recognize Chinese culture and cultivate the affection towards the country and nation.